Saturday, March 1, 2008

This past week has been a bit stressful for me, mainly because of school-related anxiety and my incredible guilt over my work load. When I'm too busy I feel terrible for neglecting Kyle and the laundry but when I'm not completely overwhelmed I feel guilt over not working hard enough for my degree. This, I know, is not logical by any stretch and I am working very hard on understanding that at this level my degree is working for me, preparing me for a career in public health and my grades are not (nor have they ever been) a reflection of my self worth. My nails are really suffering the most from this because I have recently taken to chomping them down to the first knuckle, a habit I have long had (mostly) under control. Oh well, maybe some tea and a little nail polish will save my sanity. ;)

In far more exciting news, I've been able to finish a bunch of knitting projects in the last few weeks!
First, my Minimalist Cardigan.


This is, by far, the best thing I have ever knit for myself! The yarn is super soft and warm and squishy (as everyone in my general vicinity for any part of the knitting process can attest, as I made them touch the yarn many, many times) and has sentimental value since I bought it at my first Rhinebeck this fall. I also worked very hard to concentrate on the process of knitting this, with less emphasis on my usual goal of just getting things done. This meant a lot of ripping out when I made a mistake (which happened pretty frequently) but the result was so worth it. I'm totally in love.

I also finished these little Gettysburg inspired baby hats last weekend.


SO. FREAKING. CUTE. The baby they were intended for joined the world yesterday as a leap-year baby. How cool is that?

3 comments:

Doug Walo said...

Your cardigan look awesome! And you know I love the Gburg hats! Congrats, it always feels good to finish a project, especially with how much work you put into it.

pianogirlrach said...

That is a beautiful cardigan! I love it! I'm working on my first sweater, I'll post pictures soon

Unknown said...

the sweater is beautiful and it looks very comfortable.

Yay, for future gettysburgers. I can't wait to see pictures of the baby modeling the hats