Saturday, March 8, 2008

Contradictory Week

This week has been full of contradictions. I spent Monday through Thursday totally bogged down by a paper for school and as soon as it was handed in, a huge weight was lifted. Now I'm on spring break, which means that I'll be spending the week writing a final paper and studying for a huge midterm. Super. :)



So I've decided to take today off! I've shelved the school and work obligations for at least 24 hours and I've been playing video games with Kyle and working on wedding stuff. We've been playing this:


Star Wars Wallpaper : Lego Star Wars - The Video Game





That's right, Star Wars characters made out of Lego's acting out scenes from the movies! It's a game made for children which explains my mild success (and great enthusiasm!). Being able to play a game with Kyle as opposed to watching him kill from various planets and time periods is refreshing. ;)





In more exiting news, I did something totally awesome today!! Even though it was raining and the thought of wet socks makes my skin crawl, I ventured out to attend a jewelry making class! I've wanted to make something to wear for the wedding and my friend Meg from school told me about Spark Crafts. It's this really neat local yarn and crafty store that was tons of fun to visit. At first I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to make jewelry as I have no experience and for the first few minutes of class my fingers felt like lead, but eventually I picked it up!





Without further ado, here it is!






Yay!!

1 comment:

Doug Walo said...

I love that game too because I felt like I could actually play as well. :) It was awesome to see you guys last night. Thanks for the ride! Let's schedule a fun night at our house for sometime soon.