Thursday, January 29, 2009

Finished Knitting! YAY!

One of the really wonderful things about being done with school is the fact that my evenings and weekends are mine, to fill with whatever leisure activities I choose. No papers I should be writing, no papers to read and NO guilt! Well, there is still "chore guilt" but I'm working on it.
So how have I been filling the hours? With lots of knitting and reading!

First, a pair of warm and cozy socks I started Inauguration weekend in D.C. I love them! And considering that I my feet would never be warm again after Inauguration Day, it's fitting that they are so toasty!


Here are two pairs of socks that I finished knitting last summer but never wove in the ends. So sad, my laziness. But now they are wearable!



Having just finished up the Inauguration socks, I thought it was best to start another pair immediately! It was also a great excuse to play with my new ball winder and swift. Oh my LOVE for these items!! I don't know how I went so long without them! Kyle is pleased that he'll no longer have to ball up my yarn for me because I'm only capable of making tangled messes in less than 30 seconds when left to my own devices. Russ also wanted to get in on the action! He is totally yarn obsessed! Good thing he's cute and (usually) well monitored in the presence of pretty things. :)





1 comment:

frecklegirl jess said...

Russ! That little stinker! haha

Ball winders are so awesome. Adrian did tell me once that it is better for the yarn to be in skeins (gets less stretched) so just ball the stuff before you are gonna use it. Adrian is wise- I do what she tells me. ;)

Your socks are totally awesome! Great job!! The photos look lovely too