Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm an idiot...that kinda smells

So I've never been the most graceful person. In fact, I'm pretty damn clumsy. Usually this manifests itself in subtle ways, like how after the last snow storm of the season I fell down our front steps like a ton of bricks or how I recently almost ripped my ear off at the gym because my ipod fell onto the moving treadmill, shot across the room and nearly took me with it. Ugg.
Tonight I really outdid myself, though. What's worse, it was all my fault. I can't even blame gravity for this one.
I pretty much wet my pants tonight. You read that right, WET MY PANTS. As I was waiting for class to start, I sat enjoying my lukewarm coffee and digging in my bag for the granola bar I swear I packed this afternoon although it never made an appearance. As I struggled to find the phantom snack, I decided I needed better access to my giant bag so I put my coffee between my knees (so ladylike, I know) and pulled the giant bag onto my lap. Only as I did this, I must have moved my legs because the coffee cup started tipping and before I could do anything to stop it there was a LOT of warm coffee all over me. Like in a GIANT PEE STAIN pattern. I just stared down for a few seconds and then looked at my friend, Meg, and said, "Um, I totally just wet my pants." Then she looked down and we both started laughing. Classy, right?
The only problem is that after nearly 3 hours the mix of stale coffee and skim milk is not so pleasing on the nostrils.
So yeah, I'm the smelly girl that peed her pants. And contrary to what Billy Madison might tell you, it's not the coolest!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I haven't talked to you in too long but I stalk your and Kyle's blogs. Had to post on this because our clumsiness may be in the jeans ....

I recently dropped my Ipod on the treadmill TWICE within about a 2 minute period, and not only shot it across the room, but practically face-planted in the retrieval process. I feel your pain.
See you soon!

Love
Mandy

Unknown said...

or genes. I'm dumb.

Unknown said...

We should totally blame genetics! It makes me feel a lot better!
We should totally try and hang out the next time I'm home.
I miss you!