Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Let's be honest

I just got home from class not too long ago (Tuesday nights always run late), we haven't eaten dinner yet (it should be delivered shortly) and I'm totally tired. All I really want to do is sit on the couch, watch House, and knit my sock. But this is finals week, so I really need to be more productive than that. I have a final paper due tomorrow that is 95% done, but I will sleep better tonight if I actually finish it. Plus it might be nice to try and get ahead on the massive amount of work that lies between now and this time next week when I will certainly be in lump mode.
Speaking of summer break, I have grand plans. There will be lots of reading and knitting (I have an ambitious project planned), wedding planning and sleeping. Unfortunately, the reality of my first few weeks of summer break is going to be very different. We'll be in the middle of a major project at work with a very firm deadline, Kyle and I will be moving across town, my parents will be moving to a new state and we've got some very firm wedding planning deadlines looming. Ugg. I'll need to find a way to reconcile what I want to be doing with reality.
So let's be honest about what I'm going to do right now.
  1. Open my final paper due tomorrow.
  2. Stare unblinking for several seconds
  3. Turn on House, pick up my knitting, and try and enjoy my evening (while remaining riddled with guilt)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not to mention going to Florida for a week just before you move in date. :) So glad you guys are coming! xo