Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Fun Challenge

I miss knitting. And reading. In a previous life, I did a lot of both. These days, things like working 2 jobs, unpacking an apartment and planning a wedding rule the day. But once upon a time I was a real girl with hobbies! Hobbies that I miss and that I think made me a better, more well rounded and happy person.
Well, starting now I'm going to try and find a bit of balance. There is a group on Ravelry where people gather to read Jane Austen novel and knit projects based on the books that they're reading. Sign me up!!
Considering that I haven't completed a "for fun" book or a complicated project in longer than I care to remember, this is going to be a real challenge. But the book they're starting now is Sense and Sensibility and I'm going to start working on a beautiful shawl and I'm going to give it my best shot. We'll see how it goes!
On a totally unrelated note, there are very few sports teams in Boston that I can feel hometown pride for, being a Yankees fan that fake roots for the Colts and doesn't care about hockey. But! I can get excited for the basketball finals. So, GO CELTICS!

5 comments:

frecklegirl jess said...

That shawl is just gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

I'm going to use the Sundara for it. And then just hug it! ;)

pianogirlrach said...

It is beautiful! What color are you making?

Mary-Heather said...

That is a beautiful shawl - I love everything about it! I can't wait to see yours. :)

Emily said...

I just stumbled across this entry and am super-excited both that you're planning to knit my pattern, and that you're doing it in honor of an Austen novel! (This from a girl whose dog is named Mr. Bingley.) That pretty much makes my day.

Please don't hesitate to email me (emily AT familytrunkproject.com) if you run into any questions or spot a mistake in the pattern. Happy knitting!