Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Funny Story to Pass the Time

Life around here is nearly out of control, and at such an inconvenient time, too!  I have lots of wonderful things so share (like my lovely trip to Florida to see Kyle's family, wedding progress, work goodness, and the like) but right now my entire world is consumed by digging out from our move.  Oh I'll be putting up pictures, but nothing will truly capture the insanity of the situation at the moment or how totally overwhelmed it's making me.  So, while I have lots to share, it is probably going to be a while before my head is screwed on straight enough for me to write any of it down.  In the mean time, here is a funny* conversation that happened at the doctors office last week when I realized less than 24 hours before our flight that my prescription for the drugs that make me a slightly tolerable human while traveling by air had expired and I needed a refill before I'd be going anywhere near a plane.

Nurse (typing my intact info into the computer in front of her): "So, you don't like to fly?"

Me: "No, I hate it.  I nearly have a panic attack every time I even think about our flight."

Nurse (after looong pause): "Oops, I just typed dying instead of flying!"  (laughter)

Me: (blank stare of shock and terror; is this woman a psychic?)

Nurse:  "Oh, I guess that's not very funny."

*This story is only funny now because I am safely back on the ground and have no intention of flying again for a good long time.    

No comments: