Friday, January 11, 2008

Books that make me happy...and not so much

Last week Kyle and I both got a few post-Christmas presents for ourselves. Kyle got a new video game to keep him company once my classes start and I got these.


The DIY Bride book is so awesome that I just keep looking through it and daydreaming about being crafty! And the pictures are so pretty! I didn't manage to do any non-school related reading last semester so I'm setting the goal of finishing Atonement by the end of finals. Sadly, I'll be really happy to make that goal!


Since classes start Monday, I've also had to get my books and readers for the semester.

Looking at this stack, my initial thought was that there is no way in hell that I'm going to be able to read every piece of very expensive paper in this pile before the end of the semester. When I was standing in from of the Kinkos counter buying them all, they were so expensive that I was actually sick to my stomach. So expensive, in fact, that two days later I was unable to use my bank card to get my morning cup of coffee because the bank had flagged the purchase as "suspicious card activity!" No no, just my nerdiness getting in the way of my buying groceries. ;)

5 comments:

Bedford said...

Just think of the sense of accomplishment once all those readings are done! You'll get through, I promise. In the meantime, try not to drool too much over the bride book. As long as it doesn't tell you that you that I'm going to need a bow on my ass, I think you'll be fine.

Enjoy the remainder of your break! Down in these southern parts, it is beautifully sunny and warm today, so the other grad student in my life is intending to fully enjoy one of his last pre-semester weekends (next weekend we will be in frigid and snowy Michigan.)

Unknown said...

Oh there will be hand crafted ass bows, but just for you! To show my love, of course!

Bedford said...

I thought of you this morning on my way to work. I've passed by this place (http://www.knithappens.net/) many times, but never noticed it. Seems like a place you'd love. You really have to come visit now!

by the way...have I mentioned how much I love Alexandria? The part where I live is OK, but Old Towne is awesome (that's where the store is). It's like a little town...the best!

Unknown said...

Umm... I definitely have the same text book as you- "Reframing Organizations." We can get together and study!!

Unknown said...

p.s how did you get the non movie version of Atonement? I'm stuck with a book with Kiera Knightly on the cover.