Thursday, January 17, 2008

First Week Recap

Despite a huge snowstorm Monday, my second semester of classes got underway. This semester the schedule is a bit different so I have two afternoon classes and some classes that are only half the semester long. So even though I'm taking 18 credits it should feel like much less. Now I know that first impressions aren't always the best, I'm going to share my snap judgements about this semester based on just a few hours of class time. ;)
Monday, Class 1: This is my management requirement and the class that I'm most worried about. Not because it seems particularly difficult but because it's a bit touchy-feely and way out of line with really anything I've studied before or am remotely interested in. It certainly doesn't help that the most irritating student program is in the class and is already making my crazy with her loud mouthed ass kissing? Sigh. But maybe this will be a real learning opportunity!
Monday, Class 2: I've had this professor before and am totally excited about this class! It's a little numbers heavy so I may have to reassess in a few weeks to see how I'm feeling about it then.
Tuesday: While this class is only 8 weeks long, it should be totally awesome! If the prof. can get herself together...She was a bit all over the place and even managed to insult a student or two with her assessment of the personal stories they shared in class. And our first guest speaker was all over the map and seemed to have had twelve too many redbulls before he arrived. Not too helpful. But the content has a lot of potential!
Wednesday: I have really high hopes for this class! It's all about obtaining the practical skills to work for health care reform which sounds amazing. I was a bit concerned, however, that our first assignment involved reading a transcript from Oprah. Oprah! Needless to say it was PAINFUL and we haven't even talked about its relevance yet. Maybe next time?
Thursday: This class is going to be awesome! The Prof. wore a jacket with leather elbows!! (Clearly a mark of academic excellence) It's my only non-policy centered class so I'm really looking forward to something a little different. Yay!

2 comments:

Bedford said...

so far so good! We're going to have to figure out a calling schedule this semester; hopefully our schedules will mesh a little better now.

By the way....Tom is convinced that he needs to get a leather-patched-elbow jacket, and soon.

M said...

no wonder you're going to be finished in only three semesters - you're taking 5 bajillion classes a semester!

good luck with the ass kisser. i expect your razor-sharp wit to cut her down to size soon enough.